77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA, 02139
Assistant: Jeanette Marchocki / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laurea in Architecture 1970, University of Florence, Italy
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering 1974, MIT
- Natural Hazards
- Risk Assessment for Engineering Systems
- Stochastic Hydrology and Geomorphology
- Scale-Invariant Phenomena
- Probability and Statistics in Engineering
- Risk Analysis
- D. Veneziano, R. L. Bras, and J. D. Niemann, “Nonlinearity and Self-similarityof Rainfall in Time and a Stochastic Model,” J. Geophys. Res. -Atmospheres, 101(D21): 26,371-26,392, 1996.
- D. Veneziano and P. Villani, “Identification of Rain Cells fromRadar and Stochastic Modelling of Space-time Rainfall,” Meccanica,31: 27-42, 1996.
- D. Veneziano, and J. Van Dyck, “Risk Analyes for the Messina Bridge,”inBridge Aerodynamics, Larsen and Esdahl (eds.), Balkema, 1998.
- D. Veneziano and A. G. Papadimitriou, “Optimization of the SeismicEarly Warning System for the Tohoku Shinkansen,” Proceedings, 11thEuropean Conf. On Earthquake Engineering, Balkema, Rotterdam, 1998.
- D. Veneziano and V. Iacobellis, “Self-similarity and Multifractalityof Topographic Surfaces at Basin and Sub-basin Scales,” J. Geophys.Res.,104(B6): 12,797-12,812, 1999.
- D, Veneziano and P. Villani, “Best Linear Unbiased Hyetograph.”Water Resour. Res., 35(9): 2725-2738, 1999.
- D. Veneziano, “Basic Properties and Characterization of StochasticallySelf-similar Processes in Rd,” Fractals, 7(1): 59-78, 1999.
- D. Veneziano and P. Furcolo, “A Modified Double Trace Moment Methodof Multifractal Analysis,” Fractals, 7(2): 181-195, 1999.
- D. Veneziano and J. D. Niemann, “Self-similarity and Multifractalityof Fluvial Erosion Topography: 1. Mathematical Conditions and Physical Origin,”Water Resour. Res., in print, 2000.
- D. Veneziano and J. D. Niemann, “Self-similarity and Multifractalityof Fluvial Erosion Topography: 2. Scaling Properties,” Water Resour.Res., in print, 2000.
- D. Veneziano, “Uncertainty Quantification and Decision in ComplexProjects with Long-lasting Consequences,” Nuclear Waste TechnicalReview Board Meeting, Las Vegas, 2000.
- D. Veneziano, G. E. Moglen, P. Furcolo, and V. Iacobellis, “StochasticModel of the Width Function,” Water Resour. Res., in print,2000