- This event has passed.
Research Speed Dating
March 10 @ 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Come share your work and learn about the diverse research going on in the CEE department in an event that is all about asking questions and making connections. This year we will be awarding prizes to the best talk and poster presentations. Number of presenters per group may be limited.
Time: 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: E52 – 7th floor
1:00 – 1:05 Welcome: Markus Buehler (Department Head)
1:05 – 1:10 Introduction to the Day (Tal Cohen and Serguei Saavedra)
1:10 – 2:00 Session A (10 minutes each with 2.5 minutes for Q&A)
1. Jesse Kroll (Faculty)
2. Amir Pahlavan (Graduate Student – Juanes Group) Welting, disorder, pattern formation
3. Simone Cenci (Graduate Student – Saavedra Group) Plasticity and constraints of biological communities
4. Xiaoqian Yu (Graduate Student – Alm Group) Biodiversity, community production, ocean microbes
2:00 – 2:40 Coffee Break and Poster Session
2:40 – 3:30 Session B (10 minutes each with 2.5 minutes for Q&A)
1. Caitlin Mueller (Faculty) Designing and making creative structures
2. Manxi Wu (Graduate Student – Amin Group) Value of information in transportation network
3. Judy “Qingjun” Yang (Graduate Student – Nepf Group) The mysterious motion of sand
4. Bilge Atasoy (Postdoctoral Scholar – Ben-Akiva Group) Real-time personalized menu optimization
3:30 – 4:10 Coffee Break and Poster Session
4:10 – 5:00 Session C (10 minutes each with 2.5 minutes for Q&A)
1. John Attanucci (Research Associate – Wilson Group) Changing parking and transit benefits at MIT
2. Yongji Wang (Graduate Student – Bourouiba Group) Drop Fragmentation
3. Mohamed Siam (Postdoctoral Scholar – Eltahir Group) Nile, variability, ENSO, climate change
4. Tal Cohen (Faculty)
5:00 – 7:00 Dinner Reception and award ceremony
Please RSVP by March 3 for the event here.
View the event poster here.
A complete list of posters is available here.
For more information, contact: