15 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Assistant: Brenda Pepe / email@example.com
- B.S. 2000, soil and environmental science, Montana State University, Bozeman
- B.S. 2000, chemistry-biochemistry, Montana State University, Bozeman
- M.S. 2002, soil and environmental chemistry, Montana State University, Bozeman
- Ph.D. 2008, geological and environmental sciences, Stanford University
- Soil and Aqueous Biogeochemistry
- Impacts of Soil Physical/(Bio)Chemical Heterogeneity on the Cycling of Elements
- Nutrient Cycling in Terrestrial Environments
- Fate and Transport of Contaminants and Energy Critical Elements
- Masue-Slowey, Y. Kocar B.D. Jofré, S., Mayer, K.U. and Fendorf S. “Transport Implications Resulting from Internal Redistribution of Arsenic and Iron within Constructed Soil Aggregates.” Environmental Science and Technology, 45 (2) 582-588 (2010).
- Kocar B.D., Borch, T., and Fendorf S. “Arsenic Mobilization and Repartitioning During Biogenic Sulfidization and Transformation of Ferrihydrite.” Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. 74, 980-994 (2010).
- Kocar B.D. and Fendorf S. “Thermodynamic Constraints on Reductive Reactions Influencing the Biogeochemistry of Arsenic in Soils and Sediments.” Environmental Science and Technology. 43, 4871-4877 (2009).
- Kocar B.D., Polizzotto, M.L., Benner, S.G., Ying, S.C., Ung, M., Ouch, K., Samreth, S., Suy, B., Phan, K., Sampson, M., Fendorf, S. “Integrated Biogeochemical and Hydrologic Processes Driving Arsenic Release from Shallow Sediments to Groundwaters of the Mekong Delta.” Applied Geochemistry, 23 (11) 3059-3071 (2008).
- Kocar B.D., Herbel M.J., Tufano K, and Fendorf S. “Contrasting Effects of Dissimilatory As(V) and Fe(III) Reduction on Arsenic Retention and Transport. Environmental Science and Technology.” 40 (21): 6715-6721 (2006).