Masdar Institute of Science & Technology
P O Box 54224
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirate
Telephone: +971 2 6988122
Fax: +971 2 698 8121
- B.S. 1958, Teheran University
- M.S. 1960, Cornell University
- Ph.D. 1962, Purdue University
- Construction industry
- Innovation and technological development
- Science, technology and development
- Globalization of Construction Industry
- Future Cities: Dynamics and Sustainability.Fred Moavenzadeh, et al., editors. New Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2002.
- Global Construction and the Environment: Strategies and Opportunities.Fred Moavenzadeh. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1994.
- Concise Encyclopedia of Building & Construction Materials,Fred Moavenzadeh, editor. England: Pergamon Press, 1990.
- Proceedings of the Conference on Science, Technology and Developmentin Latin America, Fred Moavenzadeh, editor. Washington, D.C.: Inter-AmericanDevelopment Bank, 1986.
- Transportation, Energy and Economic Development: A Dilemma in theDeveloping World, Fred Moavenzadeh and David Geltner. New York: Elsevier,1984.
- “A Strategic Response to a Changing Engineering and ConstructionMarket”, presented at World Economic Engineering and Construction Forum,held in Japan, April 1989.
- “Economics of Construction and Building Materials in DevelopingCountries”, Quelles Politiques Economiques de Construction DansLes Pays En Voie de Development, Paris 1989, pp.78-98.
- Presence of Foreign Firms in the U.S. Engineering and ConstructionMarket, March 1989.
- “A Strategic Response to a Changing Engineering and ConstructionMarket,” presented at the World Economic Forum Meting in Tokyo, JapanApril9-10, 1989.
- “Strategic Issues Facing Robotics in Construction”, with MichaelJ. Markow, presented at the Sixth International Symposium on Automationand Robotics in Construction, San Francisco, CA June 6-8, 1989.
- “Responding to a Changing Market”, World Link, Switzerland:September/October 1989, pp 70-71.
- “They’re Coming to America”, ASCE Civil Engineering,November 1989, pp. 51-54.
- “International Construction Finance”, Construction BusinessReview; November 1989.
- “What Brings Foreign Construction Firms to U.S. Shores?”ConstructionBusiness Review, January/February 1991, Volume 1, No. 1.
- “Strategic Response to a Changing Engineering and Construction Market”,Construction Business Review, March/April 1991, Volume 1, No. 2.
- “Sustainability of the Urban Environment: A Case for Energy Efficiencyin the Building Sector”, with Brantley Liddle, Journal of UrbanTechnology, 1997, Volume 4, Number 2, pp. 5-26.
- “Policy and Institutional Measures for Reducing Transport-GeneratedPollution”, with Brantley Liddle, Journal of Urban Technology,Volume 6, Number 1, 1999, pp. 101-124.