Skip to navigationSkip to contentSkip to footer


Undergraduate Admission

Please visit the Admissions Office website to apply to MIT as an undergraduate. Since students do not select their majors until the spring term of their first year at MIT, all undergraduate applications are general. Information on majors and the choosing process can be found on the First Year at MIT website. 

Graduate Admission

At MIT, graduate admission decisions are decided by each individual department. Students applying for graduate programs in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering should apply directly to the department. You can find details about the various Civil and Environmental graduate degrees on the CEE Graduate Degrees page.

The application portal is now closed.

Interdepartmental Doctoral Program in Transportation

Graduate students applying for the interdepartmental doctoral program in transportation must apply through the link below. To learn more about the program, visit MIT Mobility Initiative.

The transportation application portal is now closed.

Are you a current student looking for academic information? Please email our Academic Programs Office.