15 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA, 02139
Assistant: Joanne Batziotegos / firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Website: http://web.mit.edu/hemond/www/
- B.S., Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- M.A., Connecticut College
- Ph.D. 1977, MIT
- Cycling of chemicals in the environment
- Acid rain and hillslope hydrology
- Wetland geochemistry
- Environmental instrumentation
Awards and Honors
- MIT Irwin Sizer Award (shared), 1991
- CEE Departmental Service Award, 2003
- CEE Departmental Appreciation Award, 2005
- MIT Bose Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2007
- CEE Maseeh Graduate Teaching Award, 2010
- Charuleka Varadharajan, Richard Hermosillo, and Harold F. Hemond. 2010. A low-cost automated trap to measure bubbling gas fluxes. Oceanogr. Methods8:363-375 (2010) | DOI: 10.4319/lom.2010.8.363.
- Blute, N.K., J.A. Jay, C.H. Swartz, D.J. Brabander and H.F. Hemond. 2009. Aqueous and solid phase arsenic speciation in the sediments of a contaminated wetland and riverbed. Applied Geochemistry, 24(2): 346-358.
- Hemond, H., J. Cheung, A. Mueller, J. Wong, M. Hemond, D. Mueller and J. Eskesen. 2008. The NEREUS In-lake Wireless/Acoustic Chemical Data network. Limnology and Oceanography Methods 6:288-298.
- Senn, D. B. and H. F. Hemond, 2002. Nitrate Controls on Iron and Arsenic in an Urban Lake. Science296:2373-2375.
- Hemond, H.F. 1991. A backpack-portable mass spectrometer for measurement of volatile compounds in the environment. Sci. Instrum.62_(6): 1420-1425.