77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA, 02139
Assistant: Kathy Briana / firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Website: http://tal-cohen.wixsite.com/website
- Ph.D., 2013, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion, Israel
- M.Sc., 2011, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion, Israel
- B.Sc., 2007, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion, Israel
Nonlinear Solid Mechanics, Material Growth, Material Instabilities
- Introduction to Civil and Environmental Engineering Design (1.101)
- Structural Dynamics (1.058/1.158/2.06/16.221)
Awards and Honors
- Postdoctoral fellowship for outstanding woman, awarded by the Ministry of Education in Israel, 2013 & 2014
- MIT – Technion Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2013 & 2014
- Libai prize for excellence in studies in the field of aerospace structures, 2013
- Gutwirth Scholarship for excellence in studies towards Ph.D, 2013
- Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship, 2011 & 2012
- Hillel Prize for excellence in studies towards Ph.D, 2011
- Professor Arnan Saginer Award for Excellence in Studies, 2010
- Vivian Konigsberg Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2009
- Technion excellence award for graduate students, 2007
- Excellence in studies award from The Civil Center for Culture, Society and Economy, Israel, 2006
- Yael Rom Studies Award for Women in Aerospace Engineering, 2005
- Cohen, T., Kurzeja, P. and Bertoldi, K., 2017. Architected squirt-flow materials for energy dissipation. J. Mech. Phys. Solids. 109, 22-33.
- Lin, S., Cohen, T., Zhang, T., Yuk, H., Abeyaratne, R. and Zhao, X., 2016. Fringe instability in constrained soft elastic layers. Soft Matter, 12(43), pp.8899-8906.
- Tomassetti, G., Cohen, T. and Abeyaratne, R., 2016. Steady accretion of an elastic body on a hard spherical surface and the notion of a four-dimensional reference space. J. Mech. Phys. Solids. 96, 333-352.
- Cohen, T., and Molinari, A., 2015, Dynamic Cavitation and Relaxation in Incompressible Nonlinear Viscoelastic Solids. Int. J. Solids Struct., 69-70, 544 – 552.
- Cohen, T., and Durban, D., 2015, Steady Shock Waves in Porous Plastic Solids. Int. J. Solids Struct., 71, 70-78.