- Ph.D., 2014, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion, Israel
- M.Sc., 2011, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion, Israel
- B.Sc., 2007, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion, Israel
Nonlinear Solid Mechanics, Material Growth, Material Instabilities
- Introduction to Civil and Environmental Engineering Design (1.101)
- Structural Dynamics (1.058/1.158/2.06/16.221)
Awards and Honors
- NSF CAREER Award, 2020
- ONR Young Investigator Award, 2020
- ARO Young Investigator Award, 2019
- MIT – Technion Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2013 & 2014
- Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship, 2011 & 2012
- Chockalingam, S., Roth, C., Henzel, T. and Cohen, T., 2021. Probing local nonlinear viscoelastic properties in soft materials. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 146, p.104172.
- Kothari, M. and Cohen, T., 2020. Effect of elasticity on phase separation in heterogeneous systems. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 145, p.104153.
- Abi-Akl, R., Abeyaratne, R. and Cohen, T., 2019. Kinetics of surface growth with coupled diffusion and the emergence of a universal growth path. Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 475(2221), p.20180465.
- Raayai-Ardakani, S., Earl, D.R. and Cohen, T., 2019. The intimate relationship between cavitation and fracture. Soft matter, 15(25), pp.4999-5005.
- Ringoot, E., Roch, T., Molinari, J.F., Massart, T.J. and Cohen, T., 2021. Stick–slip phenomena and Schallamach waves captured using reversible cohesive elements. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 155, p.104528.